Skip to Content
Back to top
Identifying the Market for your Edition
- MLA Approaches to Teaching World Literature -- if your author is included in this series of books on pedagogies for the literature classroom, it may indicate a current appetite for teaching works by the author.
- Search OhioLINK for your author as "Subject". Look especially for and look for books with certain subheadings, e.g.:
- Search Google for [Your author/work] syllabus to find recent course offerings including your author or work.
Finding Contemporary Reviews
- Gale Literary Criticism Series:
- Ref. Indexes: Book Review Digest (1905-2014)
- Ref. Indexes: Book Review Index (1964-1984)
- 19th Century Masterfile
- New York Times (1851-present)
- Ref. Indexes: Reader's Guide to Periodical Literature
- OhioLINK: LCSH -- Appreciation
Identifying Scholarly Editions
Resources for Explication
- Oxford English Dictionary
- Gives chronological word definitions showing how word usage has changed over time.
- Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase and Fable
- EZRA: Ref. PN 43 .B65 2005
- Great source for explicating literary, folkloric, and mythological references