Table of Contents Notification
and Saved Search Alerts
OhioLINK Electronic Journal Center
Searches in the EJC
The EJC allows you to set up searches, have them automatically run, and then have the results sent to you via email. Create an account by:
- Go to http://journals.ohiolink.edu
- Click on Log In to My EJC at the top right side of the screen.
- On the login screen, click on My EJC Account Registration.
- Fill in the registration form and then click Create.
- You will receive an email from OhioLINK which will allow you to activate your account.
Saving a Search: The EJC allows you to set up searches so that you can rerun them.
- Log in to My EJC.
- Conduct a search using the basic or advanced search.
- Once you have performed a search you can save that search to be rerun. When viewing your search results, click on the Save Search link at the right of the screen and follow the prompts to save the search.
Table of Contents Notification in the EJC
The EJC will send you tables of contents for journals that you have selected when new issues are loaded into the database.
- Set up your account as above.
- Click on Browse Journals.
- Once you have found the journal that you want, mark the Alert box to the right of the title to receive an email alert when a new issue is published.
You can manage your EJC account by clicking on your email address on the top right of the screen.
Many of other databases have search alerts and table of contents notification capabilities. Due to the number of and variables within these databases, it is impossible to list them all here. If you would like to set up a search alert or table of contents notification in one of our other databases and need assistance in doing so, please contact the Reference Department at 937-327-7511.