Dear Alumni, Parents and Friends:
Scholarship, competition, and friendship are the ideals that come to my mind when considering my Wittenberg experience and its influence on my life since my college days. Today, Wittenberg provides an even more complete and satisfying experience, one that requires additional financial support to keep the â€œlightâ€ burning brightly for the next generation of students.
Your generous support of Wittenberg University at the Benjamin Prince Society level can have more of an impact than you might realize. I would like to share with you those areas, known as the institutional points of pride, where BPS gifts have played a critical part in the success of the University.
- Wittenberg ranks fourth in the nation for â€œMost Accessible Professorsâ€ in the 2014 edition of The Best 378 Colleges (Princeton Review).
- In the last 13 years, Wittenberg faculty have received 17 Fulbright U.S. Scholar Awards, with Laura Crane, associate professor of psychology and chair of East Asian Studies, earning the latest one (2013).
- Wittenberg is one of just 280 colleges and universities in the United States to have a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the oldest and most prestigious academic honor society in the nation.
- Wittenberg University has more Ohio Professor of the Year recipients than any other four-year institution in the state.
- The menâ€™s football and basketball teams lead the NCAA Division III list of all-time victories.
If you have already made a gift to Wittenberg this year, thank you. It is my hope that you will continue to realize the significance of your gifts to this university. If you have not yet made a gift, please visit www.wittenberg.edu/BPS to make your gift now. Gifts to The Wittenberg Fund are used immediately and support general scholarships, athletics, faculty and student research, academic departments and programs, and campus beautification.
On behalf of the faculty, staff and students, I thank you for your continued support of Wittenberg University.
Don Nichols â€˜73