One of the main goals of advising is to help students make connections between their studies and their lives after Wittenberg. We have tried to assemble here some resources that may assist in those conversations. If you have suggestions for other links, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A webinar featuring a survey of business leaders on the qualities they look for in graduates, as well as commentary from university personnel on what these demands mean for schools.
- A quick, helpful handout that lists the qualities employers are looking for in a new hire. Many of them align with Wittenberg's core learning goals.
- From Georgetown University's CEW comes this national map that allows you and students to investigate the labor market by location.
- The median ROI of liberal arts colleges is nearly $200,000 higher than the median for all colleges. Further, the 40-year median ROI of liberal arts institutions ($918,000) is close to those of four-year engineering and technology-related schools ($917,000), and four-year business and management schools ($913,000).
- There are so many different things students can do with a Wittenberg degree. Follow the link above to learn more.
- Perhaps the most important link--make sure that your students have made a connection with Career Services. The folks over there can help students define a direction for their life (career assessment), find options that help them gain practical experience (internships, summer research), and learn the nuts and bolts of getting to their life after Witt (resumes, mock interviews, cover letters). Students can make a four-year plan with Career Services to align with their academic plan.