Wittenberg University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and has been accredited since 1916. The next re-accreditation comprehensive review is scheduled for 2026-2027.
Any concerns about Wittenberg University may be submitted to the HLC by clicking here.
Wittenberg also has several programmatic accreditations:
- Chemistry - American Chemical Society certifies Wittenberg's Chemistry degrees
- Music - National Association of Schools of Music (2013)
- Nursing - Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) (2016)
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)/Council for Accreditation of Teacher Preparation (CAEP)-eligible (2016)
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) (2014)
- Association for Middle Level Education (AMLE) (2013)
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) (2015)
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) (2014)
- National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS) (2013)
- National Council for Teachers of English (NCTE) (2015)
- National Council for Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) (2013)
- National Science Teachers Association (Life Science, Earth Science, Chemistry, and Physics) (NSTA) (2013)
Accreditation Reports (MyWitt-login required)
Wittenberg's Self-Study (2006-2007), Assurance Argument (2016-2017), and HLC Team Reports are available after login in MyWitt on the Institutional Research page.