Tiger P.A.W. (Professional and Academic Workshops)
Tiger P.A.W. is a series of individual workshops aimed at building life skills that will help you in the classroom and beyond! Come to one, or come to all, and leave with valuable and practical skills!
Check out what each workshop will focus on:
- Motivation – Making a new year’s resolution can be a fun way to start working towards a goal, but waiting all year to institute change is less than ideal. Let’s discuss motivation and what strategies can help you get started working towards your goals today!
- April 18 at 4:30 p.m. in Blair 101
- Time Management – Is there enough time in the day? Join this session to discuss a resource that always seems to be depleting and develop some strategies to tackle your to-do list more effectively.
- April 8 at 4:30 p.m. in Blair 208
- Note-Taking – Because so much material is covered in college courses, you won't be able to remember everything unless you know how to take good notes in class. Effective note-taking is not transcribing everything that you hear, instead it is a practiced skill that will continue to help you even beyond the classroom.
- More offerings will be provided in the Fall semester and/or as requested!
- Study Skills – Reviewing and remembering information is important, especially if you have a test or if you need to present to a group about what you know! Learn what it means to study smarter and identify some new ways that you can move the information from short-term to long-term memory.
- April 15 at 4:30 p.m. in Blair 101
- Group Dynamics – Many instructors assign projects that require students to work together, which is not unlike collaboration in the real world. Unless these teams function effectively, they can be frustrating and feel like a waste of time. Learn more about what it means to be a contributing team member.
- April 4 at 4:30 p.m. in Blair 101
- Performance Anxiety – Tests, papers, and presentations are hard enough without the anxiety and stress that comes with them. Many feel anxiety when it comes to large assignments and are unable to perform at their peak level. In this session, we’ll discuss ways to stay focused and utilize stress-reducing practices.
- April 22 at 4:30 p.m. in Blair 101
Do you need a specific workshop not offered here? Would you like to request one of these workshops at a different date or time for your campus organization? Please contact Diana Barrett (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss available options.