Skip to Content

Transfer Information

Wittenberg welcomes adult learners who bring credits from previous study. In fact, the majority of our adult students are transfers.

If considering transferring, please review the following guidelines:

  • There is generally no time limit on acceptability of credits.
  • A grade of C or higher is required for a course to transfer.
  • Courses must parallel components of the Wittenberg curriculum (see policy for technical credits below).
  • Colleges must have accreditation from a collegiate association recognized by Wittenberg.
  • A typical two-year transfer brings a GPA of 3.0 or higher. The minimum requirement for transfer admission is 2.0.

Special Policy on Technical Credits

These include credits in allied health specialties, engineering technologies, applications of management (banking, real estate, etc.), human/social services, law enforcement, fire science, and various regional specialties. For students from technical programs, including military training, we accept most technical credits at 75 percent of their original value. These take the form of a Free Elective non-parallel allowance of up to 32.5 credits - equivalent to one full year of work - and apply toward any degree program. In addition, academic parallel credits from these programs, in areas such as English or psychology, for example, apply at full value. This policy applies to adult transfers only.

Corporate and Military Training

Wittenberg will award up to 16 credits for training that carries the college credit recommendations of the American Council on Education (ACE) and/or the Program on Non-Collegiate Sponsored Instruction (PONSI).

Two-Year Transfers

As a general rule, transfer coursework should include two quarters or one semester of English composition, as well as math to the level of an intermediate course in algebra.

Transfer Modules:

For detailed information, please refer to our Transfer Guide.

Interested in an evaluation of your credits in the major program of your choice? Contact us to get the process started. We will need a copy of your transcript(s), although an unofficial copy is acceptable.

Questions? Contact Gina Beck, transfer admission counselor, at


Back to top