- Minor: Creative Writing
- Click here to read complete descriptions of the Creative Writing courses offered at Wittenberg.
Minor in Creative Writing (21 credits)
- ENGL 240: Beginning Creative Writing
- ENGL 406: Capstone in Creative Writing (1 credit)
Sixteen (16) credits from the following:
- ENGL 340: Topics in Advanced Fiction
- ENGL 341: Topics in Advanced Poetry
- ENGL 342: Topics in Advanced Creative Non-Fiction
- ENGL 343: Topics in Advanced Screenwriting
- ENGL 344: Summer Screenwriting Institute
- THDN 240: Playwriting
All of the above sixteen credits cannot be in the same genre of creative writing; students must take four credits each in at least two different genres.
NOTE: The creative writing minor can be taken in combination with an English major with two courses overlapping.
Creative Writing Program Learning Outcomes:
Students completing the Creative Writing minor will be able to:
- display knowledge of the main creative genres and major practitioners;
- demonstrate appropriate knowledge of technique in several genres;
- make meaningful choices regarding elements such as language, point of view, plot, prosody, organization, etc.
- hear and weigh constructive criticism honestly;
- give constructive criticism truthfully and tactfully;
- present themselves and their work professionally.