Chi's Chapter Story
Chi Chapter of Alpha Delta Pi was founded on November 20, 1913 at Wittenberg University. At the time, the chapter consisted of seven members. Today, we are more than 10 times that size! Alpha Delta Pi was the second national sorority on Wittenberg’s campus. Our first Chapter meetings were held in a member’s home, and in 1936 Alpha Delta Pi purchased our current home on 1019 North Fountain Avenue, affectionately named “Big Blue.”
Chi chapter has won numerous awards within our district and at leadership conventions; however, the Golden Lion Award is our proudest accomplishment. Chi was one of three chapters to receive the Golden Lion Award, for all around excellence at the National Convention in 1973. For continuing excellence, Chi received a silver platter at the 1981 convention. In 1983, we won the Golden Lion again. We are also gearing up for our “100 Year” award in 2013, symbolizing our 100 years established on Wittenberg University’s campus.