Organization Registration Guidelines
Purpose: This document is created under authority of the Student Senate as specified in Article VIII, section D1 of the Student Senate bylaws to maintain registration and operate under the Student Senate and Director of Student Activities. Amendments must be ratified with a two-thirds concurrence of the Student Senate and they shall not go into affect until the next Student Senate fiscal year.
An organization must:
- Affirm to abide by all University regulations, policies and procedures, and all applicable laws.
- Complete annually an online registration form during the first 6 weeks of Spring semester. This serves as organization registration.
Have membership open to all Wittenberg students, faculty, and staff. Organizations may not discriminate in membership on the basis of race, sex, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, military service, or sexual orientation. A limited number of other persons may be recognized as members without voting privileges as:
a. Honorary members as defined as those individuals who exemplify the ideals of an organization without direct involvement.
b. Associate members as defined as those individuals who are not Wittenberg students, faculty, or staff members but who actively participate in the activities of the organization.
- Have a full-time permanent member of the Wittenberg faculty or professional staff as the organization's adviser.
- Recognize that members of the organization speak neither for the University, student body, faculty, nor staff members.
The officer(s) of an organization must:
- Maintain a minimum of a 2.3 cumulative GPA and not be under deferred suspension. Organizations may choose to require higher standards.
- Be a registered full-time student as defined by University guidelines.
- Assume responsibility for their respective position within the organization's constitution, and abide by all University regulations, policies and procedures, and all applicable laws.
The faculty adviser must:
- Be a full-time permanent member of the Wittenberg faculty or professional staff.
- Work with members of the organization to ensure that the organization abides by all University regulations, policies and procedures, and all applicable laws.