With the current level of education costs, we have a concern for the student who suffers a serious illness or accident and has to leave Wittenberg before the semester is completed. In many instances, it means not only the loss of time invested in studies, but also the loss of the semester's costs.
Based upon this, we are pleased to advise you of an optional tuition insurance program, The Student Protection Plan, which can minimize the financial portion of your loss. In addition to the tuition insurance coverage, the Student Protection Plan includes these valuable benefits:
- Family Emergency Travel: Many students study away from home and reuniting the family can be difficult – especially in the event of an emergency. With Family Emergency Travel from Kindred Travel LLC, students and their parents receive coverage for travel assistance, emergency economy transportation, room and board and repatriation of remains if either the student or their parents is hospitalized for at least 5 days due to a serious injury or illness and/or dies. Family Emergency Travel can help you and your family come together during these difficult events.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation: For some college students, travel is a way of life. Many attend schools far from home or will travel to a program in a remote area during their college years, domestically or abroad, where there may not be access to an appropriate medical facility in case of a medical emergency. Emergency Medical Evacuation from Kindred Travel LLC provides up to $50,000 in evacuation benefits to transport the student to the nearest medical facility.
- Identity Monitoring and Resolution Services: Students can help keep their identities safer with Identity Monitoring and Resolution Services from Affinion. The web-based monitoring service uses email to notify students if personal information is compromised and helps you recover easier with restoration services if you become a victim of identity theft.
- Reputation.com Services: Social media has become a fixture of college life, however, there are some things students may not want online. With services from Reputation.com, students can get help monitoring and controlling their personal information on the Internet. After registering, Reputation.com will scan the Internet and provide alerts when information is found.
- Roadside Assistance: Having a car on campus is a dream-come-true for many students, but taking care of it can be a challenge. Roadside Assistance provides 24 hour Dispatch services in case of a breakdown including emergency road service, tire service, battery service, and lockout service. Offers three claims a year up to $100 per claim and all services are provided by Quest Towing Services.
If you have any questions about the Student Protection Plan, please don't hesitate to call Sallie Mae Insurance Services at (877) 445-0264.