DON'T BE A VICTIM OF TELEPHONE HARASSMENT! FOLLOW THESE TIPS AND TECHNIQUES WHEN USING THE TELEPHONE:
If A Caller Makes A Threat Against You, Your Property, Or Someone You Know: Call Campus Police at 327-6231
If you should become the victim of malicious calls and the calls are repetitive or of an obscene or threatening nature, you should contact Campus Police. In addition, the following tips may be of help to you:
- Keep a written record of the calls - this information would be critical for prosecution.
- Notify anyone else who may answer your telephone of the problem.
- Avoid mentioning the calls to casual friends or in a public place.
- Get a new phone number or change to an unlisted telephone number.
- Install a device to help identify where the calls originate.
- Use your answering machine to screen calls.