Applications are due on October 31, 2011
Wittenberg University has their very own semester abroad program, the Wittenberg in Wittenberg program.
The program is located in Lutherstadt Wittenberg, Germany, which is the home to Martin Luther. It is a former East German City located approximately an hour south of Berlin and about 2 hour north of Munich (centrally located in Europe). Lutherstadt Wittenberg is the original site of the University of Wittenberg and is a sister city of Springfield, Ohio.
The program is:
- A full semester program that will earn 16 credits (directly from Wittenberg University)
- No prior German is required
- Classes are taught by both Wittenberg professors and Universtät Halle-Wittenberg professors.
- Residence in American-style residence hall in historic heart of city
- Program Costs are Wittenberg University tuition, as well as room and board (ALL financial aid and scholarship, with the exception of work study awards, are applicable). Students will need to cover airfare as well as spending money.
Students will earn 16 credits by completing 3 courses and 1 internship while in Wittenberg:
- Language Course
- Beginning and Intermediate German Course Levels Available
- No prior German Required
- Taught by faculty from the Institute for German Language & Culture, the University of Halle-Wittenberg
- General Education Credit (Spring 2012 - H Credit - Dr. Tim Bennett)
- Taught by the Wittenberg Faculty Director
- Topics are around international/global interest
- International Studies Course
- Taught in English by faculty from Martin Luther University, Halle-Wittenberg
- The course incorporates local experts and excursions to focus on history, culture and European studies.
- Internship Credit
- Internships are available int he fields of business, education, political science, international studies, history, philosophy, English, communication, and others!
If you are interested in studying abroad in Wittenberg, Germany for the Spring 2012 semester, please make an appointment with the Director of International Education ASAP! To do so, please stop by our office (Hollenbeck 126) or call the office at (937) 327-6185.
Applications are due on October 31, 2011!!