You Need To...
- If you change your address or home phone number, you need to send Human Resources written notification of these changes.
- If you are changing your name, you need to send a copy of your Social Security card with your new name on it to Human Resources.
Complete an Enrollment/Change form to change your marital status, delete a spouse or dependent(s) from your health and dental benefits. Resources Benefits (contact info) office within 31 days of the event.
Under the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), a spouse, and/or dependent child(ren) may elect continued coverage for the health plan for up to 36 months (on a cash basis), if the coverage ends due to divorce, legal separation, , death of the employee or when dependent children reach the maximum age or no longer qualify as an IRS dependent.
- You may want to consider re-visiting your beneficiary designations on your life and retirement benefits and completing the necessary forms to change them.
- Changing your federal and state withholding tax on your W-4. Contact the Payroll Office
- Changing your Dependent Care Spending Account (DCSA) deduction by completing a Change In Family Status form.
- If you feel you need help during this time, the director of human resources can provide information about community resources and can make appropriate referrals. Eligible employees may receive financial assistance to help them work through such problems.