The East Asian Institute administers an limited award program, depending on funding, for Wittenberg students, to encourage students to explore careers related to East Asia and/or international business.
Students do NOT need to participate in the East Asian Business Fellow program to be eligible for an Institute award.
Awards are provided to students as a tuition credit for completing approved internships. Where internships are taken for credit in the summer, reimbursement for some tuition costs will be considered as an alternative or additional award, depending on funding.
Award amounts are determined based on a variety of factors, following these general guidelines.
- up to $1,000 for Springfield area approved internships.
- up to $1,500 for Dayton/Columbus area approved internships
- up to $2,000 for international approved internships
- Interested in a career related to East Asia and/or international business
- In good academic standing
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Full time degree seeking status
- Internships related to East Asia AND international business
- Internships related to East Asia
- Internships related to international business
Approved awards are usually disbursed after the student successfully completes the internship experience and deliverables that are required by the Institute as a condition of receiving the award, that may include:
- Powerpoint presentation or poster
- Short article for the East Asian Institute website