Join us in Japan this summer!
The Wittenberg University Japan Field Study is an exciting month-long program for students to learn about and be immersed in Japanese culture. It focuses on cultural values and interaction behaviors in a variety of contexts. This program provides a unique opportunity for students from all majors to:
- Study and observe Japanese cultural characteristics and values as they relate to the family, business, relationships, gift-giving customs, verbal and nonverbal behaviors, pop culture, religious influences, traditional art forms, food-related customs, Japanese history, and other topics
- Live in the heart of Tokyo at the National Youth Center, as well as travel to Kamakura and Kyoto
- Experience traditional Japanese art forms, including the tea ceremony and kabuki
- Make friends with native Japanese college students and a short-term host family
- Visit a workplace to learn about professional hierarchy and the business context
- Visit Shinto shrines, Buddhist temples, museums, and other culturally and historically important sites
- ... and experience first-hand many more exciting opportunities!