(By Faculty action, June 4, 1974)
Classes at Wittenberg shall normally be taught by regular University faculty. Teaching assistants may be utilized only in those cases where it can be shown that their use improves the effectiveness of the instruction.
- To qualify as a T. A., a student must have completed the course being taught (or its equivalent) and two upper-level courses which are relevant to the course.
- All teaching assistants must be under the close supervision of the faculty member assigned to the course and of the department chairperson.
- Work under the direct supervision of T. A.’s may not exceed twenty-five percent of total in-class instruction in any given course.
- Grading by teaching assistants shall be confined to objective material and to evaluation of participation in T. A.-directed sessions.
- Deviations from these guidelines require consent of the Provost.