The Martin Luther Scholar Award
The Martin Luther Scholar Award is one example of Wittenberg's commitment to recognize outstanding young Lutheran scholars and to provide them with the quality education they merit. Congregations can nominate deserving students for a $80,000 scholarship ($20,000 per year for 4 years) to Wittenberg, one of the finest liberal arts universities in America.
The Martin Luther Scholar Award aims to:
- Educate leaders for our churches, communities and world
- Develop a sense of vocation in students
- Provide opportunities for student leadership development
- Encourage study and discussion of faith issues
- Membership in Lutheran church
- 3.5 GPA (cumulative) or higher
- Nomination by pastor or other congregational leader.
The deadlines for the pastor nomination form and student admission application are as follows:
- For Pastors/ Congregational leaders: The Martin Luther Scholar Award nomination deadline is November 1.
- For Students: The application for admission deadline for full consideration of the Martin Luther Scholar Award is now December 1.
Please note that the Martin Luther Scholar Award is considered a Wittenberg Scholarship. Each student can receive one Wittenberg Scholarship, and if eligible for more than one, the higher scholarship will be awarded.
For questions about the Martin Luther Scholar Award, please contact: Laura Pitney, Assistant Director of Admission, by phone at (937) 327-6373, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.