OBJECTIVE 1: Increase support for professional development and enrichment activities.
- Establish innovative faculty and staff development programs that sustain the comprehensive learning environment defined in the strategic plan.
- Establish formal faculty and staff mentoring programs to welcome and integrate new faculty and staff into the Wittenberg community and to sustain them throughout their careers.
- Increase support for discipline-related professional development (such as support for scholarship activities).
- Define opportunities for staff to advance within Wittenberg.
OBJECTIVE 2: Develop and sustain competitive faculty and staff compensation.
- Ensure faculty total compensation supports our ability to recruit and retain the finest faculty. Benchmark against the median of our North Coast Athletic Conference peer group.
- Ensure staff total compensation supports our ability to recruit and retain the finest staff. Develop appropriate benchmarks.
- Launch a strategic evaluation of benefits and redesign the benefits package. Determine what benefits are needed and appropriate today.
- Review promotion, tenure, reward, and recognition criteria in light of the comprehensive needs expressed in the strategic plan.
- Establish a strategic funding mechanism to support development and enhancement of programs identified in the strategic plan.
- Recognize and reward outstanding achievement.
- Develop and fund endowed chairs.