OBJECTIVE 1: Define and implement a four-year developmental model for student learning that integrates learning inside and outside the classroom.
- Incorporate advising, service learning, international experiences, experiential learning, spiritual exploration, leadership development, understanding of diversity, and moral growth as elements of the model.
- Develop a vibrant, engaging, student-centered, success oriented, comprehensive first-year experience program to include transition to college life, vocational exploration, early faculty/student collaboration, and residential learning communities.
- Develop comprehensive second-, third-, and fourth-year experiences that build on the stated learning themes and incorporate opportunities for teamwork and creativity.
- Engage all students in a synthesizing capstone experience with a faculty mentor.
OBJECTIVE 2: Establish a focused, comprehensive program to increase student success.
- Develop a state-of-the-art advising program.
- Create a Student Success Center that integrates all of the student support services to provide holistic support for the student learning environment.
- Create a campus climate where all community members understand and fulfill their individual and collective roles in enhancing student success and retaining students.