When You Get Married
- If you change your address or home phone number, you need to send Human Resources written notification of these changes.
- If you are changing your name, you need to send a copy of your Social Security card with your new name on it to Human Resources.
- The University Health Plan provides special enrollment periods for certain life events such as marriage. If you are not currently enrolled in the University's health care plan you may do so. Also, any person that becomes your legal dependent through marriage is eligible to enroll.
- Request for enrollment must be made within 31 days after the marriage. Please contact the Human Resources Department to make a request for enrollment. If you want to add your new spouse and/or spouse's dependent children to your health and dental plan, you must complete an Enrollment/Change form. The form must be completed and submitted to Human Resources within 31 days of the marriage.
- Review your beneficiary designations and make any changes in writing.
- Consider changing your Federal and State withholding tax on your W-4. Contact the Payroll Office.
- Check your participation in the Health Care Reimbursement (AFLAC) and the Dependant Care Reimbursement Account. You have 60 days from the date of the birth/adoption to open an account or increase your contribution to either or both accounts.