Commencement - Traffic Advisory
Rotating Image Carousel (optional):
In order to allow our guests to gather safely at Commencement Hollow for the Ceremony, we will be closing East and West Campus Drives at 9:30 a.m. on May 11.
- The exit to N. Plum Street (the road behind Koch Hall (Art building) will be reversed so that vehicles cannot exit onto N. Plum St. from west campus drive and instead vehicles will be able to enter from N. Plum St. at 9:00 a.m. to allow easy access to the Recitation Hall and Carnegie Hall parking lots to accommodate handicap parking for guests only.
- To help alleviate traffic congestion, there will be no west bound traffic on West Ward St. between Woodlawn Ave. and N. Wittenberg Ave. Vehicular traffic will be redirected down Woodlawn Ave. to W. College Ave. Also, N. Wittenberg will be restricted to one-way traffic north from W. College Ave. to W. Ward St.
- Officers will be at these locations to assist you and your family and friends. Officers will also be a various other locations to assist you with your needs. In the event of rain and Commencement is held at the HPER Center, we will not regulate traffic in the areas mentioned above.
- Access to Commencement Hollow will be restricted until 9 a.m. on Saturday, May 11. Guests must be seated by 11:00 a.m. If graduation is held inside Pam Evans Smith Arena, the doors will open at 9 a.m.
- Prepare appropriately for weather, heat, etc.
- Umbrellas are not permitted, as they block the view of others.
- Special seating has been arranged for the physically disabled at both the indoor and outdoor locations.
- Parking on campus will be available in the following locations: Student Center Lot, Krieg Hall Lot.
- Handicap access only behind Recitation Hall and Carnegie Hall by way of the plum street entrance. East and West Campus Drives will be closed.