Faculty & Staff: Pamela Schindler
What students are saying about Professor Pamela Schindler...
"Although I believe the entire Business Department did a wonderful job preparing me for the real world, it was you that made me truly passionate about a business career because of the way you challenged me educationally as well as personally. Not only have I been able to use things I learned in the classroom (strategic marketing / sales plans, company branding, market assessments, operational review, facility management, etc.) but I have also been able to use things I learned from you on a personal level—confidence, positive attitude, commitment to excellence, dependability, etc.) For these lessons, I thank you."
-Danny Brywczynski, ‘05, Consultant, Charis Healthcare
BUSN 200, Business Research Methods
BUSN 290S - Contemporary Issues in Leadership
BUSN 340 - Marketing Management
BUSN 381/481 - Applied Management I, II
BUSN 390 - Public Relations
BUSN 441 - Creative Advertising and Promotion
HONR 300S - Contemporary Issues in Business
M.B.A. University of Dayton
B.B.A. University of Cincinnati
Awards and Recognitions
- Alumni Association Award for Distinguished Teaching (2003)
- Small Business Fellow by the Small Business Institute Directors' Association (2000)
- Showcase Award, Small Business Institute Directors' Association (1996)
- Leavey Foundation Award in Free Enterprise Education (1986)
- Hugh Wales Faculty Advisor Award, Central Region, American Marketing Association (1981)
- Two-time nominee for C.A.S.E Ohio Professor of the Year
- Director of Wittenberg's Center for Applied Management; as director, Schindler has guided more than 500 students doing experiential research and strategic projects for businesses, not-for-profits, and government agencies.
- Former national chair of the Student Activities Council of the American Marketing Association
- Former V.P. Publications Small Business Institute Directors' Association
- Former President, Region V, Small Business Institute Directors' Association
- Business Research Methods, eleven editions, coauthored with Donald Cooper, five international editions, five languages.
- Marketing Research, coauthored with Donald Cooper.
- Schindler has been published in the Journal of Marketing Education and the Journal of Psychology and Marketing, the Journal of Business and Entrepreneurship, and in numerous small business conference proceedings.
- Schindler has also served on the national editorial review board for the Journal of Small Business Strategy and the Journal of Business and Entrepreneurship.
- Consulting in strategic marketing, communications strategy
- Photography, art, and interior design
"Challenge and change are what make life and learning interesting."